Yes I know the season doesn’t start for another month and a half. Yes I know a few of the schools in the video do not belong to the ISL, but they are still prep schools (one difference is the ISL doesn’t allow PGs).
Here’s my two cents on this season and its ever so often twists and turns…
1. Governor’s 15-1 – Repeat as champs offensive firepower led by UNC, Penn St., Villanova, and NESCAC commits
2. Rivers 14-2 – Upset Gov’s, but lose a couple heart-breakers. Led by Loyola, Army, UVM, NESCAC and other D3 commits
3. St. Sebastian’s 13-3 – Win with athleticism and lose the ones that count. Led by ND and other commits.
4. Middlesex 13-3 – Will be a sleeper this year. Expected to be a rebuilding year, but gained key transfers.
5. Belmont Hill 11-5 – Very athletic and many D3 players. Will beat everyone they’re expected to, but won’t upset.
6. Thayer 10-6 – Solid team all around. Outstanding underclassman goaltender.
7. Roxbury Latin 10-6 – Two D1 caliber poles. One committed to Hopkins. Will give everyone a run for their money.
8. Nobles 8-8 – Young team with lack of experience. Will see success rebuilding.
9. Groton 7-9 – Led by Princeton commit among a team of gritty players.
10. Milton 6-10 – Lose a huge senior class and terrific goalie. Still manage to pull out a few wins.
11. St. Paul’s 5-11 – A team who is always looking to take a win from you. Be wary of lethargy after the long ride up to NH.
12. B.B.N. 4-12 – Young team looking to improve from last year.
13. St. George’s 3-13 – Take stabs at lower ranked teams and lose by a lot to everyone else.
14. Brooks 2-14 – Only finds success over a few teams.
15. St. Mark’s 1-15 – Not too much recruiting or skill to work with at such a small school.
16. Lawrence Academy 0-16 – Haven’t seen much success in the last decade. Not much for them to build on.
Feel free to comment with your arguments/agreements about the upcoming season. If you are interested in putting together a write up for your prep league, shoot me an email.